Seeking part-time Special Campaigns Associate
Title: Special Campaigns Associate Position (Part-time)
A great opportunity for a non-profit or marketing professionals with 5 or more years development experience working in a small team environment that works together to achieve organizational goals that is looking to pursue other professional passions while helping Kevin Guest House achieve a successful capital campaign to improve our guests environment on our campus. https://kevinguesthouse.com/kgh50/
Organization: Kevin Guest House (KGH) is the nation’s first healthcare hospitality house situated in the heart of the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus. KGH is a not-for-profit organization that provides a comfortable and supportive home-away-from-home for patient families traveling to Western New York for medical care. For more information, please visit www.kevinguesthouse.org.
Status: Part-time time (24 hours/week) hourly, three day on-site, additional potential hours include occasional weekend/evening duties (daily hours 8:30 to 5pm or 9am to 5:30pm (includes 30 min unpaid break); ability to work evenings, weekends, events & committee mtgs. allow for flexible schedule & occasional work from home opportunities). Part-time benefits include paid time off and additional items in accordance with Kevin Guest House personnel policies (hourly pay commensurate with experience range from $25 to 30/hour). Submit cover letter, salary requirements and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Primary Function: Special Campaigns Associate reports to the Executive Director. Responsible for the coordination, planning and implementation of the current KGH50 capital campaign to include overall fundraising, marketing, communication & strategy for any special campaigns including capital renovations for Kevin Guest House. The primary role is the coordination of proposal writing, prospect research, database tracking, and administrative procedures for special campaigns. Includes organization of funding plans incorporating major gifts, individual donor cultivation, planned giving, grants and foundations, corporate partnerships, restricted giving programs as it relates to the KGH50 capital renovations and other special campaigns. With oversight from Executive Director, responsible for the funding and marketing strategy, budget and financial reporting, special initiatives committee management and coordination with the Development Manager responsibilities and goals as the overlap with special projects. Primary coordination of donor stewardship plans & engagement events including the annual Anniversary Celebration and support all donor engagement events. Secondary support of long-term strategic projects alongside Executive Director to include staff on-boarding, training, policy & procedure updates and data integrity projects. Occasional support for team members as it relates to annual fundraising campaign & special events along with assisting with implementation of the overall marketing and all other business development programs for Kevin Guest House. Secondary support of other business development initiatives, healthcare partner relations and house operation functions when needed.
Qualifications & Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred and 5 years’ relevant experience in non-profit, special events or marketing.
· Customer service, hospitality, or relevant experience a plus.
· Dependable and compassionate perspective for healthcare hospitality mission.
· Ability to function effectively in a small team environment and multi-task several projects at once.
· Build awareness in the community and keep informed of developments in marketing field & business news, network, attend community events & engage in professional development opportunities. Proven ability to engage & build relationships with area philanthropic leaders.
· Attention to detail, meet deadlines and discretion in handling confidential information & guest relations.
· Expected to represent Kevin Guest House brand in community and comfortable in public speaking engagements.
· Computer literate including working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and data base operations. FileMaker Pro, peer to peer fundraising platforms and/or non-profit database experiences preferred.
· Adobe suite, publisher, Canva and digital camera work a plus.
· Website, social media, email campaign programs experience (Mailchimp a plus) preferred.
· Familiarity with project management and ticket programming a plus.
· Effective organizational/prioritization, interpersonal, verbal, and written skills, and public speaking.
· Strongly self-directed and good problem-solving skills.
· Ability to lift 25+ lbs. unassisted, valid driver’s license required.
· While performing this job employees may occasionally be required to talk, stand, or sit for long periods of time, walk, club, key data, speak and hear. The physical demands and work environment listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a person with disabilities to perform essential functions.
· COVID-19 considerations: Due to the nature of our immune compromised guests, Kevin Guest House encourages employee COVID-19 vaccination and up to date booster shots regardless of position. Additional operation protocols will be reviewed during hiring process.
KGH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and follow all federal law requirements. KGH is committed to diversity and inclusion within our community and everyday work to promote safety, health, and wellness. Kevin Guest House provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, furlough, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.