Dear KGH friends,
We join you, and our greater community, in paying close attention to the recommendations surrounding the current COVID-19 crisis. Kevin Guest House is committed to remaining open, providing lodging and support for our most immune-compromised patient families. We’ve been proactively working to protect the health and safety of our guests, volunteers and staff by taking additional precautions in accordance with guidelines from the Center for Disease Control (CDC). Our success is only made possible by the dedicated staff who are carrying out our mission, and supporters like you who help us keep the doors open to guests.
The following changes are in effect until further notice, in order to limit the opportunity for the virus to be introduced onto the KGH campus:
- Anyone entering the campus, including vendors, must come to the front door of our main house at 782 Ellicott Street to sign-in and answer screening questions about possible COVID-19 exposure.
- All weekly in-house, dinner and group volunteer projects have been suspended. However, we are allowing groups to donate and deliver meals & groceries.
- Critical surgery and immune-compromised guests will continue to be housed with a screened immediate caregiver; additional visitors are not permitted.
- Staff has increased the frequency of disinfecting common and “high-touch” areas, following CDC guidelines.
- Guests have been provided information on enhanced policies for self-monitoring, increased daily area cleaning, social distancing, and personal hygiene.
- Meetings have been changed from in-person to virtual meetings.
- Campus tours have been suspended, except for incoming critical care patients.
- All fundraising events, including our Spring Flower sales have been postponed. We are continuing to plan for scheduled summer and fall events.
We are in regular contact with our local hospital, hospitality house, and healthcare partners, and we will continue to evaluate as this situation evolves.
It is now, more than ever, that Kevin Guest House needs your support to serve our guests as demand increases. Here’s how YOU can help support our guests:
- Make a monetary donation: allowing us to determine our greatest need to serve our current guests, and to make up lost revenue from our cancelled fundraisers.
- Provide meals for the guests: donate a catered/take-out meal or purchase a gift card to help us and support a local business! Contact Betsy at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate.
- Donate items off our Amazon wish list: basic cleaning and hygiene supplies are most helpful (Lysol, all-purpose spray, bathroom cleaner, bleach, toilet paper, paper towels, white bedding). Critical items are listed on our KGH website wish list.
- Donate an e-gift card: To reduce the trips for our guests for personal items & groceries, donate an e-card (Amazon, Target, Wegmans, Tops, etc.) directly to email@example.com to help us with basic necessities.
Thank you to our healthcare partners for their dedication to the health, safety and education of our community. And, to all of you for helping us keep families close, and protect our patients and caregivers during medical crisis – now more than ever.
We’re so grateful for your continued support of Kevin Guest House. If you have any questions, please contact us at 716-882-1818 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.